Quoted on this Site
- Aardweg, Gerard van den. Homosexuality and Hope: A Psychologist Talks
About Treatment and Change, Servant Books, Ann Arbor, MI, 1985.
- American Family Association. Homosexuality in America: Exposing the
Myths, Tupelo, MS, 1994.
- Anderson, Brad. Address at the Annual Evergreen International Conference,
Salt Lake City, UT, 1995.
- Archives of General Psychiatry 42, “Theories of Origins of Male
Homosexuality: A Cross-Cultural Look,” pp. 399–404.
- Bailey, J. M. and Pillard, R. C. “A Genetic Study of Male Sexual
Orientation,” Archives of General Psychiatry 48, 1991.
- Ballard, M. Russell. “Answers to Life’s Questions,” Ensign, May
- Beattie, Melody. Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others
and Start Caring for Yourself, Harper and Row, San Francisco, CA, 1987.
- Bennion, Lowell. Teachings of the New Testament, Deseret Sunday
School Union Board, Salt Lake City, 1953.
- Benson, Ezra Taft. “Preparing Yourselves For Missionary Service,”
Ensign, May 1985.
- Benson, Ezra Taft. “Born of God,” Ensign, Nov. 1985.
- Benson, Ezra Taft. “Jesus Christ—Gifts and Expectations,” Christmas
Devotional, Salt Lake City, UT, 7 Dec. 1986, quoted in Teachings of Ezra
Taft Benson, Bookcraft, Salt Lake City, UT, 1988.
- Benson, Ezra Taft. “Beware of Pride,” Ensign, May 1989.
- Benson, Ezra Taft. “A Mighty Change of Heart,” Ensign, Oct. 1989.
- Bieber, Irving. Homosexuality: A Psychoanalytic Study, Basic Books,
New York, 1962.
- Bieber, Irving and Bieber, Toby. “Male Homosexuality,” in Canadian
Journal of Psychiatry, no. 5, 1979.
- Billy, John O. G., et. al. “The Sexual Behavior of Men in the United
States,” Family Planning Perspectives, March/April 1993, vol. 25, no.
- Bolton, F. G., Morris, L. A., and MacEachron, A. E. Males at
Risk: The Other Side of Child Sexual Abuse, Sage Publications, Newbury
Park, CA, 1989, p. 86 and “Victimization of Boys,” Journal of Adolescent
Health Care, vol. 6, pp. 372–376.
- Bradford, William R. “Unclutter Your Life,” Ensign, May 1992.
- Branden, Nathaniel. “To Succeed at Anything in Life You Must Know How and
When to be Assertive,” Bottom Line Personal newsletter, 1 May 1995,
Boardroom, Inc, Greenwich, Conn., 1995.
- British Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 160, March 1992.
- Burr, Chandler. “The AIDS Exception: Privacy vs. Public Health,” The
Atlantic Monthly, Jun. 1997, p. 61 and Surgeon General’s Report to the
American Public on HIV Infection and AIDS, Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention, Health Resources and Services Administration, National Institutes
of Health, 1992, p. 1.
- Burtoft, Larry, Ph.D. Setting the Record Straight: What Research Really
Says About the Social Consequences of Homosexuality, Focus on the Family,
Colorado Springs, Colorado, 1995.
- Byne, William and Parsons, Bruce. “Human Sexual Orientation: The Biologic
Theories Reappraised,” Archives of General Psychiatry 50, Mar. 1993.
- Byrd, A. Dean. “Interview: An LDS Reparative Therapy Approach for Male
Homosexuality,” AMCAP Journal, vol. 19, no. 1, Salt Lake City, UT, 1993.
- Cameron. Paul in Gay Rights: A Public Health Disaster and Civil Wrong,
Tony Marco, Coral Ridge Ministries, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 1992.
- Cameron, Paul. Medical Consequences of What Homosexuals Do, Family
Research Institute, Washington, DC, 1993 and “The Longevity of Homosexuals:
Before and After the AIDS Epidemic,” Paul Cameron, William Playfair, and
Stephen Wellum, Omega Journal of Death and Dying, vol. 29, no. 3, 1994,
Baywood Publishing, Amityville, NY.
- Comiskey, Andrew. “The Effect of Pornography on Male Homosexuals,” Hot
Thoughts, Desert Stream Ministries, Anaheim, CA, 1996.
- Condoms and Sexually-transmitted Diseases . . . Especially AIDS,
pamphlet by the Department of Health and Human Services, HHS Publication FDA
- Conlee, Dean. “Endurance,” unpublished devotional address, Brigham Young
University, 16 May 1995.
- Consiglio, William, Dr. “Counseling Overcomers: A Four-Focus Framework,”
an address by Dr. William Consiglio at the 18th Annual Exodus Conference. Also
quoted by Bob Davies in “Mainstreamed Homosexuality,” Leadership,
Summer 1995, p. 82.
- Consiglio, William, Dr. Homosexual No More: Practical Strategies for
Christians Overcoming Homosexuality, Victor Books, Wheaton, IL, 1991.
- Covey, Stephen R. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,
Simon and Schuster, New York, 1989.
- Covey, Stephen R. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People Calendar,
- Dallas, Joe. “Born Gay? How Politics Have Skewed the Debate Over the
Biological Causes of Homosexuality,” Christianity Today, 22 Jun. 1992.
- Dallas, Joe.
Desires in Conflict: Answering the Struggle for Sexual Identity,
Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, OR, 1991.
- Davies, Bob and Rentzel, Lori.
Coming Out of Homosexuality: New Freedom for Men & Women,
Inter Varsity Press, Downers Grove, IL, 1993.
- Diamond, Milton. “Homosexuality and Bisexuality in Different Populations,”
Archives of Sexual Behavior, 1993, vol. 22, no. 4.
- Dudley, William, editor. Homosexuality: Opposing Viewpoints,
Greenhaven Press, San Diego, CA, 1993.
- Edgley, Richard C. “Keep the Faith,” Ensign, May 1993.
- Ehrhardt, A.A. and Meyer-Bahlburg, H.F.L. “Effects of Prenatal
Hormones on Gender-Related Behavior,” Science, vol. 211, 20 Mar. 1981.
- Faust, James E. “The Great Imitator”, Ensign, Nov. 1987.
- Faust, James E. “The Gift of the Holy Ghost—A Sure Compass,” Ensign,
- Fine, Reuben. “Psychological Theory,” in Male and Female Homosexuality:
Psychological Approaches, ed. Louis Diamant, Hemisphere, New York, 1987.
- Friedman R. C. and Downey, J. “Neurobiology and Sexual Orientation:
Current Relationships,” Journal of Neuropsychiatry 5, 1993.
- Fronk, Camille. “Lessons from the Potter and the Clay,” unpublished
manuscript of a devotional address at Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 7
- Goldberg, Herb. The Hazards of Being Male: Surviving the Myth of
Masculine Privilege, Signet, New York, 1976.
- Gorman, C. “Are Gay Men Born That Way?,” Time, 9 Sep. 1991.
- Hafen, Bruce C. “Beauty for Ashes: The Atonement of Jesus Christ,”
Ensign, Apr. 1990.
- Haight, David B. “Personal Morality,” Ensign, Nov. 1984.
- Hamer, Dean, et. al. “A Linkage Between DNA Markers on the X Chromosome
and Male Sexual Orientation,” Science 261, 16 Jul. 1993.
- Hamer, Dean and Copeland, P. The Science of Desire, Simon &
Schuster, New York, 1994.
- Harvest News, “Freedom from Cross-Dressing,” Spring 1995,
Harvest USA, Philadelphia, PA.
- Hickey, Jack. “Passion: How Much Will We Pay?,” Victory Notes,
- Hinckley, Gordon B. “Reverence and Morality,” Ensign, May 1987.
- Hockenberry, S. L. and Billingham, R. C. “Sexual Orientation and Boyhood
Gender Conformity: Development of the Boyhood Gender Conformity Scale (BGCS),”
Archives of Sexual Behavior, vol. 16, 1987.
- Holland, Jeffrey R. “For Times of Trouble,” New Era, Oct. 1980.
- Hubbard, Ruth and Wald, Elijah. Exploding the Gene Myth, Beacon
Press, Boston, 1993 and “Human Sexual Orientation: The Biologic Theories
Reappraised,” Byne, William and Parsons, Bruce, Archives of General
Psychiatry 50, Mar. 1993, p. 228.
- Hunter, Howard W. “Hallowed Be Thy Name,” Ensign, Nov. 1977.
- Hunter, Howard W. That We Might Have Joy, Deseret Book Company,
Salt Lake City, UT, 1994.
- Hurst, Ed. “The Ultimate Friend,” Outpost News, vol. 18, no. 4,
- Hyde, Garrick and Hyde, Ginger, eds.
A Place in the Kingdom: Spiritual Insights from Latter-day Saints about
Same-sex Attraction, Century Publishing, Salt Lake City, UT, 1997.
- Jacobson, Kevin. reported in Reconciliation’s Victory News, Winter
1996, Reconciliation Ministries, Detroit, MI.
- James, Elizabeth C. Treatment of Homosexuality: A Reanalysis and
Synthesis of Outcome Studies, doctoral dissertation, Brigham Young
University, Provo, UT, 1978.
- Kimball, Spencer W. “Small Acts of Service,” Ensign, Dec. 1974.
- Kimball, Spencer W. Marriage and Divorce: Brigham Young University
Devotional September 7, 1976, Brigham Young University Publications,
Provo, UT, 1976.
- Kimball, Spencer W. Faith Precedes the Miracle, Deseret Book
Company, Salt Lake City, UT, 1972.
- Kinsey, Alfred C., et. al. Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, W. B.
Saunders Company, Philadelphia, 1948.
- Koch, Kathy. “Organizational Accountability in Ministry,” address given at
the 19th Annual Exodus International Conference.
- Konrad, J. A.
You Don’t Have to be Gay, Pacific House
Publishing, Newport Beach, CA, 1987.
- Kushner, Harold S. When Bad Things Happen to Good People, Avon
Books, New York, 1981.
- Laaser, Mark. The Secret Sin: Healing the Wounds of Sexual Addiction,
Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, ND, 1992.
- LeVay, Simon. “A Difference in Hypothalamic Structure Between Heterosexual
and Homosexual Men,” Science, vol. 253.
- Lever, Janet. “The 1994 Advocate Survey of Sexuality and Relationships:
The Men,” The Advocate, 23 Aug. 1994.
- Lewis, C. S. Mere Christianity, MacMillian Publishing Co., New
- R. C. Lewontin, et. al., Not in Our Genes, Pantheon Books, New
York, 1984 and Hubbard, R. and Wald, E., Exploding the Gene Myth,
Beacon Press, Boston, 1993.
- Linton, Roderick J. “The Forgiving Heart,” Ensign, Apr. 1993.
- MacIntosh, Dr. Houston, M.D. “Attitudes and Experiences of Psychoanalysts
in Analyzing Homosexual Patients,” Journal of the American Psychoanalytic
Association, vol. 42, no. 4.
- Marcus, Eric. Is it a Choice?: Answers to 300 of the Most Frequently
Asked Questions About Gays and Lesbians, Harper Collins Publishers, New
- Marmor, Judd. “Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture,” The Harvard Mental
Health Letter, Oct. 1985.
- Masters, William H. and Johnson, Virginia E. Homosexuality in
Perspective, Bantam, New York, 1979.
- Matheson, David. “The Transition from Homosexuality: Balancing Belief
System, Sexuality, and Homo-Emotional Needs,” unpublished paper, Evergreen
International, Salt Lake City, UT, 1993, p. 2.
- McGaugh, James L. “Preserving the Past—Hormonal Influences on Memory
Storage,” American Psychologist, Feb. 1983.
- Medinger, Alan. “De-Sexualizing the Deeper Need,” Regeneration News,
Baltimore, MD, Sep. 1994.
- Medinger, Alan P. “What About the Next Step?,” Regeneration News,
Baltimore, MD, Jan. 1995.
- Medinger, Alan P. This paragraph includes some ideas from the article
“Justifying Our Sin: A Subtle Trap,” Regeneration News, Baltimore, MD,
- Middlemiss, Clare, comp. Treasures of Life, Deseret Book, Salt Lake
City, UT, 1962.
- Millet, Robert L. When a Child Wanders, Deseret Book, Salt Lake
City, Utah, 1996.
- Moberly, Elizabeth R.
Homosexuality: A New Christian Ethic,
James Clarke & Co., Cambridge, England, 1983.
- Money, John. “Sin, Sickness or Status? Homosexual Gender Identity and
Psychoneuroendocrinology,” American Psychologist 42, no. 4, Apr. 1987.
- Money, John. Gay, Straight, and In-Between, Oxford University
Press, New York, NY, 1988.
- Mouritsen, Maren M. ed. “The Rewards of Correct Choices,” Camila E.
Kimball, Ye Are Free To Choose: Agency and the Latter-day Saint Woman,
Brigham Young University Publications, Provo, UT, 1981.
- Nelson, Russell M. “Addiction or Freedom”, Ensign, Nov. 1988.
- Nelson, Russell M. “Constancy Amid Change,” Ensign, Nov. 1993.
- Nicolosi, Joseph, Ph.D. Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality: A New
Clinical Approach, Jason Aronson, Inc, Northvale, NJ, 1991.
- Niebuhr, Reinhold. The Serenity Prayer, 1943, as quoted in Familiar
Quotations, John Bartlett, Little, Brown and Company, Boston, MA, 1980, p.
- Oaks, Dallin H. “Spirituality,” Ensign, Nov. 1985, p. 61.
- Oaks, Dallin H. "Free Agency and Freedom," Brigham Young University
1987–88 Devotional and Fireside Speeches, BYU Publications, Provo, UT,
1988, pp. 46–47.
- Oaks, Dallin H. “Same-gender Attraction,” Ensign, Salt Lake City,
Utah, Oct. 1995.
- Packer, Boyd K. “Covenants,” Ensign, Nov. 1990.
- Park, Jason.
Helping LDS Men Resolve their Homosexual Problems: A
Guide for Family, Friends, and Church Leaders, Century
Publishing, Salt Lake City, UT, 1997.
- Park, Jason.
Resolving Homosexual Problems: A Guide for LDS Men,
Century Publishing, Salt Lake City, UT, 1997.
- Park, Jason.
Understanding Male Homosexual Problems: An Introduction
for Latter-day Saints, Century Publishing, Salt Lake City, UT,
- Peck, M. Scott, M.D. The Road Less Traveled, Simon & Schuster, New
- Peterson, Christopher, et. al. Learned Helplessness: A Theory for the
Age of Personal Control, Oxford University Press, New York, 1993.
- Peterson, H. Burke. “Come unto Christ Through Your Trials,” Brigham
Young University 1995-96 Speeches, Brigham Young University Publications &
Graphics, Provo, UT, 1996.
- Pritt, Thomas E., Ph.D. and Pritt, Ann F., M.S. “Homosexuality: Getting
Beyond the Therapeutic Impasse,” AMCAP Journal, vol. 13, no. 1, 1987.
- Religion Watch. “Churches, Synagogues Adopting and Adapting Rites
of Passage,” Mar. 1996.
- Remafedi, Gary. “Predictors of Unprotected Intercourse Among Gay and
Bisexual Youth: Knowledge, Beliefs, and Behavior,” Pediatrics, August
1994, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 163–168. See also “Seroprevalence of HIV and Risk
Behaviors Among Young Homosexual and Bisexual Men—The San Francisco/Berkeley
Young Men’s Survey,” George F. Lemp, et. al., Journal of the American
Medical Association, August 10, 1994, vol. 272, no. 6, pp. 449–54.
- Rentzel, Lori. “Emotions: How Do We Handle Our Feelings?” handout, 1981.
- Robinson, Stephen E. Following Christ, Deseret Book Company, Salt
Lake City, UT, 1995.
- Science 15. “A Difference in Hypothalamic Structure Between
Heterosexual and Homosexual Men,” vol. 253.
- Scientific American, “The Biological Evidence Challenged,” May 1994
- Scientific American, “Gay Genes, Revisited,” Nov. 1995.
- Scott, Richard G. “Trust in the Lord,” Ensign, Nov. 1995.
- Scott, Richard G. “Finding Joy in Life,” Ensign, May 1996.
- Socarides, Charles W. "Homosexuality," in American Handbook of
Psychiatry, second edition, vol. 3.
- Stapley, Delbert L. “Using Our Free Agency,” Ensign, May 1975.
- Stephens, Col. Gary. ”Homosexual Lifestyle Still an Unhealthy One,” The
Ogden Standard Examiner, Ogden, UT, 23 Feb. 1996.
- Surgeon General’s Report to the American Public on HIV Infection and
AIDS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Health Resources and
Services Administration, National Institutes of Health, 1992.
- Swihart, Barney. “When Christians Struggle with Sexual Sin,” Harvest
News, Philadelphia, PA, Fall/Winter 1995.
- Tazewell, Charles. The Littlest Angel, Ideals Publishing
Corporation, Nashville, TN, 1974.
- Tripp, C. A. The Homosexual Matrix, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1975.
- U.S. News & World Report, “Sex in America,” Oct. 17, 1994, pp. 74–81, and
Time, “Now for the Truth About Americans and Sex,” 17 Oct. 1994, pp. 62–71.
- University of Chicago. The Social Organization of Sexuality,
Chicago, IL, 1994. A smaller companion volume is published as Sex in
America: A Definitive Survey, Gina Kolata, Little, Brown and Company,
Boston, MA, 1994.
- Washington Post, 31 Oct. 1994.
- Whitehead, Neil L. & Briar.
My Genes Made Me Do It!, Huntington House Publishers, 1999.
- Whitney, Orson F. Saturday Night Thoughts.
- Wilson, Earl D. Counseling and Homosexuality, Word Books, Waco, TX,